Help us make The Adventures of Captain Citrus a dynamic learning experience for Florida second graders for years to come. Create an original lesson plan that features me, Captain Citrus, and teaches Florida second graders about the nutritional benefits of Florida citrus fruit and the importance of the Florida citrus industry.
Here's how to enter. See Official Rules for details.
1. The contest is open only to second-grade teachers at Florida public schools.
2. Click the picture below to download a copy of Captain C's Creative Curriculum Challenge Official Contest Entry Form.
3. Use the chart on the entry form (or a separate 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper) to describe your original lesson plan. You can also submit supplementary materials like activity sheets and digital media with your entry, but supplementary materials are not required.
4. Fill out the Entry Information on your entry form.
5. Mail your entry form and any supplementary materials to: Captain C's Creative Curriculum Challenge, c/o YMI, 90 Crown Street, New Haven, CT 06510. Or click the Upload Contest Entries link to submit your entry online.
6. Entries must be postmarked no later than April 13, 2012 or received online no later than 5:00 PM (ET) on April 13, 2012.
• One (1) grand prize winner will win a $300 Walmart gift card.
• Three (3) runners-up will each receive a $150 Walmart gift card.
• Plus all entries will be considered for inclusion in next year's edition of The Adventures of Captain Citrus!
Can't wait to see your juicy ideas!
- Captain Citrus